>>> Get this app on App Store
With this application you can easily experiment with creating new and unusual sounds from ordinary samples. For sound designers and those interested in creating ambient or experimental electronic music, with filtering and mixing of up to three oscillators, you can create excellent soundscapes, textures and drones for your music or for movie soundtrack or entertainment apps and games. With complete MIDI control this application is very comfortable and powerful instrument to use for real-time sound creation and live improvisation.
The oscillators, based on simulating schematics of actual 8 bit lofi sound playback chips, have circuit bending like controls that are ideal for making glitches, noises, crackles and granular sounds. Combined with the filtering and spatial mixing options, you can expand these sounds to deep and atmospheric textures. Finally you can add motion and continuous changes to your sounds via low frequency oscillators which can control the filter and mixer parameters.
click on image to enlarge
The "Morphing scene" option gives you ability of smooth switching between scenes, applying multifunctional filters and changing oscillators parameters during morphing process. Using these features you can add a new dimension to the existing scenes varying them in the real time.
[ Complete description of SoundScaper 1.9 in one PDF file ]
[ The most comprehensive SoundScaper tutorial (video) ]
- Three sample-based oscillators with control based on circuit bending principles.
- Three Low / High / Band - pass filters and two range delay for each oscillator.
- Spatial mixer / reverb with side and distance for each sound source.
- Three low frequency oscillators for automation mixer and filters.
- Possibility of generating parameters for each oscillator randomly.
- Scenes for storing all parameters of oscillators, filters and mixer.
- Morphing with smooth changes scenes with additional effects in real-time.
- Built-in library of natural samples grouped by categories.
- Set of ready-to-use presets for oscillators.
- Advanced control panel for all faders and rotary knobs.
- Individual equalizer and reverb options for each sound source in the spatial mixer.
- Complete MIDI control for all faders, knobs and most other elements.
- Uploading samples through Dropbox, Web access, clipboard and from other apps.
- Different color schemes available for the user interface.
- Detailed application description (also in signle PDF).
- Supports Audiobus with "State Saving" feature.
- Inter-App audio compatible.
Fourth generation of iPad and higher is recommended (especially with Inter-app audio and Audiobus).
Demo of oscillator presets and creating new sounds:
Demo of filters, morphing scene and feedback effect:
- SoundScaper tutorial (video)
- SoundScaper 1.0 for iPad overview
- SoundScaper 1.2 with Korg nanoKontrol
- SoundScaper live demo
- SoundScaper and SynthScaper live
- haQ attaQ 45 - "Planet Earp" SoundScaper & Figure
- Tim Webb - Let's Play with SoundScaper
- SoundScaper Experimental Sound Lab Tutorial for iPad
- SoundScaper in the Top iOS music apps of 2015
- SoundScaper review - Igor Vasiliev brings us sonic madness in an iOS music app
- SoundScaper app review - Crazy circuit bending mayhem from Igor Vasiliev
Audio demo tracks:
Hi Igor, I got a NanoKontrol2 for Soundscaper. What do I need to set it to - if I use the software editor, I set all controls to Channel 1?ReplyDelete
Not necessary. SoundScaper can receive MIDI from any channel. It's default mode. But if you need that SoundScaper use only event from channel 1 you can set the channels filter in panel "Settings" - "MIDI" buttons "Channels". Switch off the buttons with channels which you don't want to receive.Delete
Hi Igor !ReplyDelete
Is there any change you upload a pdf version of Soundscaper Manual ?
Congratz for such a marvelous app !
Yes, you can get it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B63DCfN14-dUamRVellJYjhYRUU/viewDelete
The presents run continuously. However the samples in the built in library are shorter in duration. How do you import them to use with the 3 oscillators?ReplyDelete
I love the variety and control in the app. I use it live but spend time just exploring.
Oscillator continuously plays loaded sample (built-in or downloaded). By changing the oscillator configuration you can get a many different variants of sounding of the same sample. More details you can know from application description.Delete
I'm an old soundscaper user but since I sold my iPad I miss it. Is there any plan on compiling it for windows? Or is there any other way to run it side-by-side with a DAW?
Keep up the good work!
Unfortunately now I have no plans to port it to any other platform. Maybe after a while.Delete
Hi Igor - are you planning to make this aux3? ThanksReplyDelete
Yes, I plan make this app with support AUv3 in future. Or maybe it will be new app like this. But I can't say when it will be, new projects take up all my time.Delete
Can this run smooth on Ipad Mini 2?ReplyDelete
This app works on any iPad with min iOS 9.0. In a few days will be released update which will have some improvements of this app.Delete
Hello Igor, i would like to export a scene into an stereo audio file, i don't find the way. Is it possible ? Thanks.ReplyDelete
At the bottom of the screen there is button "R" that starts recording the output of this app to a file. You can use it to record your scene to audio file in real time.Delete
I didn’t find the recorded file in the files folder because the name has been changed. But i checked it out. Thanks and congrats for your work.ReplyDelete
Recorded file will be accessible thru internal file manager in the app and in the system app "Files" in the directory "SoundScaper". Names of all recorded files have "Soundscape" at the begin.Delete