>>> Get this app on App Store
Each effect called “Algorithm” is based on a combination of classic effects, such as echo, rotary speaker, autowah, autopan, chorus, flanger, distortion, filters, and is almost like a separate application with its own distinctive sonic signature, which you can vary from subtle to very noticeable.
Complex and integrated effects sound much more varied and interesting than simple effect modules, and will give you the opportunity not to waste time looking for combinations of single effects, but to start creative work with the sound of your instruments right away.
Another unique feature of this application is the Morphing option, based on a complex transformation of effect matrices, which allows you to control the dynamic transition between any two effects. While this can produce mind-boggling effects, it couldn't be easier to control - you just need to move the fader or push a button. For more experiments with morphing this application has three linked LFOs to create more complex waveforms to modify the morphing. Each LFO has different ranges, waveforms and can sync with the main BPM. You can see the final waveform of all LFOs on the graph at different scales.
Some of the other exciting features of Classic FX are:
- Classic FX has 22 unique processing algorithms and 40 different presets.
- Two slots in which you can use different effects and smoothly morph between them.
- Three band equalizer with high / low shelving filters and middle peaking filter.
- Easy to use algorithmic reverb, suitable for any sound source.
- Limiter on output prevents any possible clipping.
- Envelope follower for dynamic control of each effect.
- Sequencer for rhythmic control of each effect.
- Three special LFO in series to automate morphing.
- Hot buttons to change the active effect slot.
- Changing a group of parameters at the same time.
- Echo module, Sequencer, and Auto morphing synced with the main BPM source.
- The effect algorithm and its parameters can be saved as a preset.
- Detailed application description and description of algorithms.
- Quick info and description of the algorithm used in presets.
- Universal application for iPad and iPhone.
- Supports Standalone, AUv3, Inter-App audio, Audiobus.
- All parameters of equalizer, effects and reverb accessible for AUv3 host.
- Supports Ableton Link with sync tempo and start / stop.
Complete description of Classic FX 2.2 (pdf)
Demos and reviews:
Classic FX - Exploring the app Part 1, Getting started (video)
Classic FX - Ver. 2.2 new features walkthrough (video)
Classic FX - Tutorial for version 2.0 (video)
Classic FX - Detailed tutorial (video)
Classic FX - The Sound Test Room Demo & Tutorial (video)
Classic FX - Processing the guitar sound (video)
Classic FX - Review and sound experiments (video)
Classic FX - Demo with various synths (video)
Can this fx app use an electric bass as an input instrument???ReplyDelete
Directly into the app??
Yes, you can processing any external sound source (synth, guitar, voice) and even use this app as insert effect with the mix console. For this you need the external USB sound card that compatible with iOS. The better the sound card, the better the result.Delete
Hi, can the iphone's internal mic be used as an audio source?ReplyDelete
No, you can use external audio interface with mic or any other audio source, or use this app as IAA or AUv3 plugin with host app or DAW.Delete
Does Classic-FX have a MIDI learn function so you can map the functions to a MIDI controller?ReplyDelete
Version 2.2 doesn't support midi control. I plan add this option in one of the next version. But this app exposes external parameters when it uses as AUv3 module and in some AU host (like AUM as example) you can map these parameters to external midi controller.Delete
Hi，I wanna ask does this app work on Mac?ReplyDelete
Yes, I plan make this app work on macOS. This month or next.Delete