>>> Get this app on App Store
Universal app for iOS and macOS
A convolution reverb takes a captured sample (called an impulse response) from a real-world space or real hardware and uses this to digitally simulate the reverberation of that space or device down to the last detail and nuance. Because it is sampled, not synthesized, convolution reverb is known for its stunning realism, and it is widely considered to be the best type of reverb. However, unlike the more common algorithmic reverbs, convolution reverbs usually does not have much control over the reverberation process.
But AltiSpace, in addition to the ability to load your own impulse response files and a built-in library of the most interesting vintage reverb device presets, has advanced settings such as EQ, gate, ducking, modulation and more. You can change the original impulse response parameters to something completely new and then save it as a new preset.
This app has an easy-to-use user interface, where all the main controls are located on the single screen, and it is ready to use right out of the box, even without additional settings. And at the same time, you can easily change the parameters of the impulse responses from the built-in library to create your own sound.
Any audio sample can be used as an impulse response, making AltiSpace also a great tool for creative sound design. Try to import a percussion hit sample and use it for a dry synth stab. You will immediately hear the difference.
- Ability to import your own impulse response files.
- A large built-in library of presets from the most interesting hardware reverbs.
- Convenient preset manager with the ability to group presets.
- Presets can be marked as favorites for display in the favorites group.
- Supports MIDI controllers (also Bluetooth) with learn or manually assign mode.
- Reverb can work with a stereo or mono input and convert it to stereo.
- Add dynamic noise before reverb for a more natural sound.
- The gate allows you to turn on the reverb when the threshold is exceeded.
- The ducking allows you to turn off the reverb when the threshold is exceeded.
- Sets the minimum reverb level for Gate and Ducking modes.
- Equalizer with high and low cut filters in chain before or after reverb.
- Changing the time (length) of the current impulse response.
- Possibility to set a fade out point for a smooth end of the impulse response.
- Sets the pre-delay time of the signal before reverb.
- Experimental feature to change the pitch of the impulse response.
- Amplifying early or late reflections.
- Adjusts the stereo image before the reverb.
- Haas effect for adding stereo space to a mono signal.
- Sets the depth and frequency of modulation the signal before reverb.
- Mixing dry / wet signal and adjusting the output level.
- Input and output level meters.
- Indicators of possible input clipping for standalone.
- Prevents any output clipping for standalone.
- Built-in full description of all controls.
AltiSpace is a universal application for iOS and macOS. It can work on iPhone and iPad as well as Mac / MacBook with M1 chip (and later). AltiSpace works on iPhone and iPad standalone, as an Audio Unit or Inter-App Audio module, and supports Audiobus and Ableton Link. On macOS, AltiSpace can works both as a standalone application and as an Audio unit (AUv3) with DAWs and audio unit hosts like Ableton Live, Logic Pro, GarageBand, MainStage, Cockos Reaper, Plogue Bidule, Hosting AU, and other hosts that support AUv3 plugins. All application features are available on iOS and macOS, including MIDI support (with a midi learn option) and audio unit parameters.
>>> Complete description of AltiSpace 1.4 (pdf)
Demos and reviews:
AltiSpace 2 - Demo of presets with different samples
AltiSpace 2 - Tutorial: Getting Started (SoundForMore Tutorials)
AltiSpace 2 - Advanced Convolution Reverb - iPad Tutorial (The Sound Test Room)
AltiSpace 2 Also Sounds Fantastic on Percussion! (Gavinski’s Tutorials)
AltiSpace 2: Fantastic Reverb (iOS) Preset & Tweaking Demo (Gavinski’s Tutorials)
Convolution Reverb with Vintage Gear using AltiSpace 2 on iOS - How To App on iOS! - EP 406 S7
Free impulse responses:
Open Air Library - acoustic impulse responses for auralization