The sound engine of SynthScaper has its own unique sounding differ from any other software synths. You can construct outstanding melodic pads or atonal soundscapes from different kind of built-in or downloaded samples by using all power of multi-layered oscillators, chains of filters and effects, envelope generators and low frequency oscillators. Or you can create your own sound scenes combining oscillators presets from build-in library. Or just use predefined scenes.
Very flexible settings of each module give you a great opportunity for creating unique and colorful sounding from usual instruments or natural samples and adding automated changes and spatial effects for an endless variations. Different ways of assigning screen and MIDI keyboards to the oscillators provide very advanced features to control the sound. The on-screen keyboard is adapted to create special effects and varying the continuous textures and drones.
The Designer tool using the neural network generates new presets based on already existing by adding some random variations and checking the result so that the new preset remains similar to the selected pattern.
Guides and demos:
[ SynthScaper - Wide and deep sound with the single preset (guide with pictures) ]
[ SynthScaper - Natural chorus and Spatial effects (guide with pictures) ]
[ SynthScaper - How to assign "LFO" to parameters (guide with pictures) ]
[ SynthScaper - How to use "Effect" parameters (guide with pictures) ]
[ SynthScaper - Two-Voiced Drone (guide with pictures) ]
[ SynthScaper - Start with your own samples (guide with pictures) ]
[ SynthScaper - The Designer tool (short description) ]
[ SynthScaper - Arpeggiator / Sequencer overview (video demo) ]
[ SynthScaper - Automate pitch shifting (video demo) ]
[ SynthScaper - One shot sample demo (video demo) ]
[ SynthScaper modules connection diagram (big picture) ]
[ Complete description of SynthScaper 1.7 in one PDF file ]
Click on image to enlarge
- Three independent oscillators.
- Three layers with own samples in each oscillator.
- Six voices in each layer.
- Six envelope generators.
- Six low frequency oscillators.
- Arpeggiator / sequencer for each oscillator.
- Designer tool for generate scenes and presets.
- General processing of level, balance, LPF, HPF for each layer.
- Three additional slots for filters and effects after each oscillator.
- Set of different kind of filters and effect modules.
- Spatial mixer with two different sound space.
- Screen keyboard adapted for continuous drones and soundscapes.
- Predefined set of keyboard scales and custom scales.
- Full screen, double and split features for screen keyboard.
- Options of screen keyboard for pitch, continuous, modify, velocity.
- Supports for two virtual and two MIDI keyboards at the same time.
- Flexible assigning keyboards and controls to the oscillators.
- Two main effects controls can combine several parameters.
- Uploading samples thru Dropbox, Web access, clipboard.
- Auto and manual tuning of samples with frequency analyzer.
- Set of predefined and ready-to-use scenes and presets.
- Built-in library of samples of instruments, synths, noises, etc.
- Possibility to pack and share scenes and samples as single file.
- Detailed application description.
- Inter-App audio compatible (with transport and BPM controls).
- Supports Audiobus 3 with "State Saving" and MIDI features.
- Supports Ableton Link with start / stop sync.
Recommended at least iPhone 6 / iPad Mini 4 / iPad Air 2 and higher.
[ More about supported devices ]
SynthScaper - Detailed tutorial. Part 1 (video tutorial)
SynthScaper - Detailed tutorial. Part 2 (video tutorial)
SynthScaper - Some scenes demo (video demo)
Thesoundtestroom - SynthScaper Demo for the iPad (video demo)
Thesoundtestroom - SynthScaper quick play demo (video demo)
Thesoundtestroom - The New Preset Designer (video demo)
Red Sky Lullaby - SynthScaper Sound Design Demo (video demo)
Colin Powell - Enceladus, Live Jam with LayR and SynthScaper in AUM (live)
Colin Powell - Live Jam with SynthScaper, Bloxwave and Jamup Pro (live)
FROZEN LONESOME - FrozenSynthScaper One (video art)
James Dyson - Space ambient with SynthScaper (video art)