Friday, October 21, 2022

Making Trip Hop Spoken Word Beats with SpaceFields

Gavinski’s Tutorials

Workflow: I LOVE SpaceFields and I love what came out of this session. Here's a brief description of the procedure.

I made some drums using an unreleased app I cannot yet mention, added some kick drum using Bleass Sidekick and put the whole thing through an instance of SpaceFields, still keeping in some dry signal, with reverb turned down but modulating pitch etc to create something more complex and trippy.

I used the open beta of Radio Audio Unit - found some kind of Jamaican spoken word station and sampled some of this into another instance of SpaceFields. With reverb and totally wet, to get max trippiness. I played a bit of VTines (beautiful modeled Rhodes) into another SpaceFields. Everything except the drums went through BitJuggler for bitcrushing. I used Rum by Klevgrand on everything but the drums. FAC Medusa was used for on the fly compression and saturation of lows and highs.





SpaceFields - Space Ambient Machine >> App Store

SpaceFields is a mangler effect for creating slowly changing rhythmic sound structures in a deep reverb space from any external signal. Great for experimenting and designing ambient and noise backgrounds with rhythmic elements. >>> More about this app






No comments:

Post a Comment